Seeking fourth for quartet

  • mkillianey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2011
      Three baritenors with fairly wide ranges are looking for a fourth voice to do some casual a cappella singing. We'd love to add a real bass or 1st tenor, but are flexible. For example, if an alto was interested in singing 1st tenor, it's possible we could be convinced to transpose our arrangements slightly upward as necessary. (Truthfully, we're willing to consider anyone who comes with arrangements and the voice(s) to complete our trio...as long as everybody gets their own part, we'd probably be happy doing five or six part stuff, too.)

      We've got a small sheaf of arrangements to sing through...a little barbershop, some pop and doo-wop, a few jazz standards, and couple of custom arrangements. We don't really care what we sing, we're just getting together once every other week or so to plow through some close harmonies.

      And to be up-front...we're not mortally opposed to the idea of eventually performing somewhere, but we've been there and done that in our youth and now we're really just singing for our own enjoyment and the amusement of anyone who happens to walk by.

      Mickey