Annual Pride Concert: 5 Pioneering Ensembles, 1 Fabulous Performance! – 6/24
33rd Annual Pride Concert: Five Pioneering Ensembles, One Fabulous Performance!
Friday, June 24 - 8:00 PM
33rd Annual Pride Concert – five pioneering ensembles, one fabulous performance – kicks off pride weekend with some of the flashiest music written for chorus, band and orchestra – from Lady Gaga to Leonard Bernstein!
A KDFC Top 5 pick: http://www.kdfc.com/pages/5847889.php
Bay Area Rainbow Symphony
Golden Gate Men’s Chorus
Lesbian/Gay Chorus of San Francisco
San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus Ambassadors
San Francisco Lesbian/Gay Freedom Band
Host Trauma Flintstone
Commander Zoe Dunning, Pride Concert Award Recipient
Alexander Hamilton Post 448 color guard celebrates the repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell
450 Church Street (at 16th Street)
* Ticket Information -
Phone: 1.800.595.4TIX (1.800.595.4849)
Ticket pricing: $15-$30
Concert Highlights -
* Commander Zoe Dunning to be awarded the Pride Concert Recognition Award in celebration of her work fighting for the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell (DADT).
* Trauma Flintstone (aka Joe Wicht) – coming from a wildly successful run in the starring role of the chamber opera “Queer” at the SF International Arts Festival - emcees.
*Lesbian/Gay Chorus of San Francisco premiers an original piece by June Bonacich - "If Gays Ruled the Country" and performs an original arrangement of "Born This Way" accompanied by San Francisco Lesbian/Gay Freedom Band.
* Bay Area Rainbow Symphony (BARS) makes its debut performance at the Annual Pride Concert, making BARS the first string orchestra to perform in the event’s 33-year history.
* Hot on the heels of his sold-out Davies Hall conducting premier, Artistic Director Timothy Seelig leads San Francisco Gay Men’s Chorus Ambassadors in its SF Pride weekend performance.
* Golden Gate Men’s Chorus performs Freddie Mercury’s Bohemian Rhapsody.
* San Francisco Lesbian/Gay Freedom Band performs Frank Ticheli’s Shenandoah and George M. Cohan’s Patriotic Salute with the choruses.
* About 33rd Annual Pride Concert -
First produced in 1979 at Grace Cathedral, the Annual Pride Concert is one of the longest-running annual performances in San Francisco and represents one of the first forms of open artistic expression to come from Harvey Milk’s Castro and the LGBTQ community. An official 2011 San Francisco Pride Event, 33rd Annual Pride Concert is co-produced by Bay Area Rainbow Symphony, Lesbian/Gay Chorus of San Francisco and San Francisco Lesbian/Gay Freedom Band, and is an official 2011 San Francisco Pride Event, proud to be sponsored in part by Grants for the Arts of the San Francisco Hotel Tax Fund.
For more information, please visit the website: http://www.AnnualPrideConcert.org