Third Thursday women's open mic 6/16

  • Janet Rachel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2011
      Third Thursday women's open mic 6/16

      Get your Pride on Thursday June 16 at Third Thursday women's open mic talent showcase at Montclair Women's Cultural Arts, 1650 Mountain Blvd. in Oakland, corner of Mountain and Thornhill off Hwy. 13, 7:30 pm. 510-654-4088 for info.  $ 7 - 10 sliding scale at the door.  This will be our last show of the season, starting up again in September.

      Open mic spots fill up fast.  See info. below about how to sign up.  This is an all-women event and all women are welcome: an upbeat community gathering to connect with old friends, meet new ones, and enjoy fantastic entertainment.

      Our feature for June is pending.  Stay tuned for an update!

      AND...the heart and soul of Third Thursday: YOU, either as performer or audience member.  Drop in for some laughs, songs, poems, prose, instruments, spoken word, and any other talents you have.    Each performer has 5 minutes to do their thing.  It is an evening rich with entertainment.

      For PERFORMANCE SIGN-UP email <janetrac@...>, and arrive before 7:30 to check in.  Show is from 7:30 to 10:00 with an intermission.  Spaces are limited so we can end at 10:00, allowing our volunteer crew to get home at a decent hour and keeping the neighbors happy.
      A cappella, acoustic, or plugged in are all welcome.  We have a sound system.

      ARTISTS AND AUTHORS:  If you are a visual artist or author, contact Janet at janetrac@... for information about showing and selling your art or books at Third Thursday.

      Thank you for keeping this event scent-free.  Event is wheelchair accessible.  Let me know at <janetrac@...> if you need disabled access parking *one day in advance.*

      Janet Rachel, Host/MC
      Third Thursday Women's Talent Showcase