Aspects of Love concert this Friday in Palo Alto, Saturday in San Carlos, 7:30pm

  • paulw@enet.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6 12:39 AM
      Last minute email...Peninsula Cantare will be performing "Aspects of Love"
      concert this Friday and Saturday evenings, both at 7:30pm.

      Approximately half the concert is with piano, and the other half
      a cappella.

      Flyer follows...
      Paul Wendt

      Choral expressions of
      Spiritual Love
      Earthly Love
      Romantic Love

      Love is our muse, with its many faces — spiritual, romantic, earthly.

      A young Wolfgang Amadeus ("Beloved of God") Mozart expresses spiritual
      adoration in Regina Coeli, as do two Renaissance motets — di Lasso's
      Jubilate Deo and Viadana's Exsultate Justi.

      The passion of Romantic love finds its voice in The Lighthearted Lovers by
      Kirke Mechem, This Marriage by Eric Whitacre, and selections from
      Bernstein's West Side Story (with lyrics by John Dryden, Rumi and Stephen
      Sondheim, respectively). The superb West Side Story arrangements include
      "Tonight," "Maria," "America," "I Feel Pretty," "One Hand, One Heart" and
      "Somewhere."

      Love radiates into nature with Gwyneth Walker's The Tree of Peace, Frank
      Ticheli's Earth Song, and Ron Jeffers's setting of Chief Seattle's haunting
      words, This We Know.

      Tucked into our lovely concert are special treats, including Cantare tenor
      Nuwan Senaratna's original piano reflection of his beloved homeland, Sri
      Lanka. May this music of love lift your spirit, awake your consciousness
      and stir your emotions.

      Peninsula Cantare
      Alex Bootzin, piano

      Friday  May 6,  7:30pm