Chalice Consort presents Victoria's Tenebrae Responsories

  • Rebs
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2011
      Hello friends!

      Chalice is presenting the last concert of the season this Friday in Berkeley. I hope you can make it!

      Rebekah

      Chalice Consort is presenting Tomàs Luis da Victoria's Tenebrae Responsories

      "Ever since their publication in 1585, Tomás Luis da Victoria's famous eighteen Responsories for the Holy Week Tenebrae service have been considered one of the highest points of expressive music of the High Renaissance.

      They are very rarely performed as a set, but have an extraordinarily powerful emotional effect when heard together, as in Chalice Consort's performance this week. Don't miss this rare opportunity to hear profound music of great drama and passion." ~Davitt Moroney

      Tickets: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1642594043 - $20 general admission, $15 seniors, $10 students. $2 discount for advance online purchase. Online ticket sales end at 12PM, on day of concert.

      May 6, 2011 - 8 p.m
      Trinity Chapel, 2320 Dana Street between Bancroft Way & Durant Avenue in Berkeley, California

      For more information, email Rebekah at puretonesoprano@...