PRESS RELEASE: SPRING CONCERT BY SACRED AND PROFANE

  • Sacred Profane
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 9:39 PM
      PRESS RELEASE

      DATE:  APRIL 1, 2011
      FROM:  SACRED AND PROFANE
      CONTACT:  HEATHER YOUNG

      SACRED AND PROFANE PRESENTS MUSIC FOR CHOIR AND PERCUSSION

      When:  Saturday, May 14 at 8 PM
      Where:  St. Mark's Lutheran Church, 1111 O'Farrell Street, San Francisco

      When: Sunday, May 15 at 4 PM
      Where:  St. Mark's Episcopal Church, 2300 Bancroft Street, Berkeley

      Tickets:  $15 students; $18 online and seniors; $22 general admission at the door
      Website:  www.sacredprofane.org
      Phone:  415-388-5899

      Sacred & Profane, an a cappella chorus under the direction of Rebecca P.N. Seeman, presents its spring concert the weekend of May 14 and 15:  THE WHOLE NOYSE:  MUSIC FOR CHOIR AND PERCUSSION.   The chorus will celebrate the ancient by singing modern settings of classic poetry, including settings of Shakespearean verses by Ralph Vaughan Williams and Karin Rehnqvist.  Master percussionist WILLIAM WYNANT also joins the choir for two major works:  Dominick Argento's "I Hate and I Love," settings of poems by the Roman poet Catellus, and Sven-Eric Johnson's "Fancies."

      Tickets are available in advance at the chorus' website, www.sacredprofane.org, and at the door.  Ticket prices:  $15 students; $18 online and seniors; $22 general admission at the door.

      For more information call 415-388-5899