Choral singers of faith needed!

  • caspergreg
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2011
      The Oakland Temple Hill Singers of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, in conjunction with the Oakland diocese of the Catholic church, combine to present "Lamb of God", a modern Easter oratorio by Rob Gardner. We are seeking good choral singers of faith from the greater bay area to join us in for this production.

      "Lamb of God" is an inspiring new oratorio which debuted in Phoenix, Arizona last year. This will be the west coast premiere. Telling the Easter story in music, song and narration, this beautiful work features 13 soloists, a 100+ voice choir, full orchestra and narration.

      We need more voices in the choir! The music is not terribly difficult, but it's powerful and moving. If you have some experience in choral singing and can read music well enough to learn it, we'd love to have you come audition for us. All voice types are needed, men and women. This is NOT just an LDS or Catholic endeavor, but is part of a community event in which singers from ALL faiths are invited to participate.

      Rehearsals take place each Sunday evening from 6pm to 8pm in Oakland and in south San Jose for the south bay participants. Performances will be over the Easter holy week, most likely on Palm Sunday, Good Friday, the intervening Saturday and Easter Sunday. Performances will take place at the Cathedral of Christ the Light and the Oakland Interstake Center auditorium on temple hill in Oakland. These are venues which seat 1200 and 1600 audience members, respectively. So this is a large presentation. And we would love to have you join us!

      If you'd like to hear some of the music of this wonderful production, go to www.spiremusic.org/lamb/album.php More info about the production is also available at that site.

      Please reply to greg@... for further information or to schedule an audition.