Out On A Clef's February shows!

  • Janet Rachel
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2011
      Out On A Clef's February shows!

      Hey music lovers, OUT ON A CLEF is here this month to destroy some of your favorite tune lyrics.  Known for satire and de-rangement of standard tunes, members Emily Brooks, Pat Cull, Kris Gannon, and Janet Rachel belt out tight, a cappella vocal harmonies in  a variety of styles including swing, barbershop, 50's doo-wop, and jazz.  Expect twisted lyrics that poke fun at convention and at ourselves.

      This Saturday, Feb 5, 7:30 PM
      We take it on the road to headline a show in Fresno, CA, sponsored by the Central California Alliance.  Tell people you know in Frenso to come and frolic with us!  We'll have all our costumes and other mischief going.  Opening for us will be the fabulous ANDRE DOS SANTOS MORGAN with his his stunning composing, piano artistry, and velvet vocals!
      North Tower Circle
      2777 N Maroa Ave
      Fresno, CA
      $15 advance
      $20 at the door
      Ticket info.: <http://www.ccafresno.org/>
      Doors open 6:30 PM

      Thursday, February 17, 7:30 PM
      Out On a Clef is the feature at Third Thursday women's open mic talent showcase at Montclair Women's Cultural Arts.   This is an all-women event and all women are welcome: an upbeat community gathering to connect with old friends, meet new ones, and enjoy fantastic entertainment.  We will do two 15-minute sets and the rest of the evening is an open mic with a rich variety of artists.
      Montclair Women's Cultural Arts
      1650 Mountain Blvd. in Oakland, corner of Mountain and Thornhill off Hwy. 13,
      510-654-4088 for info.
      $ 7 - 10 sliding scale at the door.

      <www.outonaclef.com>