Symphony Silicon Valley Chorale - upcoming auditions!

  • Katja Zuske
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2011

      Singers -

      Come and join Symphony Silicon Valley Chorale for the spring-summer concert season. An exciting program awaits you!

      Our upcoming season features: Brahms' visionary masterpiece, the "German Requiem", conducted by Gregory Vajda, one of the most sought-after conductors on the international scene; and "Ravishingly Russian", a concert of Russian a cappella music, conducted by the Artistic Director of Symphony Silicon Valley Chorale and the Cantabile Youth Choruses, Elena Sharkova. In April, singers will also have the incredible opportunity to perform the exciting jazz composition "Mass in Blue" by Will Todd in Lincoln Center, New York.

      Auditions for SSV Chorale are starting January 11.

      We are looking for experienced singers with good musicianship. To learn more about our Chorale and to schedule an audition, please visit the Auditions page under http://www.symphonysiliconvalley.org/SSVchorale.php or send us an email at chorale@....

      At the audition, interested singers should be prepared to sing a solo piece (aria or art song that demonstrates your capabilities, accompanist will be provided), demonstrate vocal range and training, as well as sight-singing skills.

      Once accepted, members should be willing and available to commit to the rehearsal schedule and concert engagements. Members are also responsible for an annual member fee and their own concert attire.

      Weekly rehearsals are held on Tuesdays, 7-9:45 pm, at Campbell Seventh Day Adventist Church, 600 W Campbell Ave., Campbell. The first rehearsal of the next set is on January 11, 2011.

      We are looking forward to hearing (from) you!

      Katja