Local Men's Ensemble Holding Auditions in January - Opus Q

  • conductorjerry
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2010
      Opus Q is an auditioned men's vocal ensemble. The organization was founded in 2001, and enjoyed great success in its first three seasons before a hiatus.
      Recently relaunched, the ensemble rehearses in Berkeley. The repertoire is about 50-50% a capella-accompanied.

      Bach to Bernstein, Mozart to Madonna, and everything in between - the ensemble strives to entertain, educate and inspire audiences.

      We hold membership auditions two or three times each year. The next auditions will be held on Sunday, January 23 & Sunday, January 30, 2011.

      Typically, the following skills and attributes have been expected of members:

      * Vocal music or choral music experience
      * Ability to sight-read or quickly learn and memorize music
      * Feel comfortable with limited movement and staging
      * Availability for regular Sunday evening rehearsals, dress/tech rehearsals,
      and performances
      * Interest in social justice and making the world a better place through
      music
      * Commitment to artistry and high-quality performances
      * A positive attitude – We are a 100% Certified Diva-Free ensemble

      To make an audition appointment, visit www.opus-q.org, or email:
      audition@...