OJC will get all glee at Old First Church THIS Friday December 10, 2010 @ 8 p.m

  • Heather Fong
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2010

      OJC will get all glee at beautiful Old First Church THIS Friday December 10, 2010 @ 8 p.m

      Watch out, cause The Sultan Fainted in the Land of Pure Imagination & Red Clay was Stuck on You but Don't Explain. Lady Be Good in Spain & a Prelude to a Kiss, followed by a Sermonette will end a perfect Harlem Nocturne. ;-D

      We're running the vocal jazz table with everything from New York Voices & Pat Metheny, to a bevy of original arrangements, small groups, a-cappella, and a tune or 2 from our kickin' trio featuring Walter Bankovitch on piano, Fred Randolph on bass, and Greg German on drums.

      Ticket sales will help OJC continue our mission of performing for underserved communities. OJC 2010 brought our unique vocal jazz to Girls Inc. of Alameda in workshop form, as well as to Oakland’s Salem Lutheran Home, a senior residence community, and the Crossroads transitional/emergency housing facility in East Oakland through Bread & Roses. We were also honored this year by the Bread & Roses organization for 15 years of volunteer service and through B & R, will be performing for the St. Anthony Foundation (Father Alfred Center) Drug Rehab Center in S.F. December 9th. Our recent Pacifica Performances concert received a standing ovation!

      Come on over to the City, have some dinner, grab a hot toddy or beverage of your choice and make your way over to:

      Old First Church

      1751 Sacramento Street

      San Francisco, CA 94109  |  415.474.1608

      $17.00 General

      $14.00 Seniors (65 and older)

      $14.00 Full Time Students

      Hope to see you there!

      The Oakland Jazz Choir - a 501c(3) non profit

      www.oaklandjazzchoir.com

      find us on Facebook