Old First Church Presents the Oakland Jazz Choir Dec. 10th

  • Heather Fong
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2010

      Warm Winter Greetings!

      Our youthful and dynamic musical director, Katie Koeplin has been shaping and refining our sound and repertoire this year, and while we're remaining true to our jazz roots, even jazz as a musical form evolves and incorporates current influences.

      You'll have to attend our next concert in San Francisco at  beautiful Old First Church on Friday December 10, 2010 @ 8 p.m  http://www.oldfirstconcerts.org/performances/ to hear what we’re talking about. OJC 2010-11 is transformed and our new, and exciting repertoire is a reflection of that and through your donations, we were able to procure a newly commissioned arrangement of a lesser known Duke Ellington piece, beautifully arranged for OJC by the superlative Greg Murai which we hope to debut December 10th.  It’s a Friday night, perfect for an after work date night concert and a late night holiday shopping trip. You know the stores will be open!

      Come see us!

      You won't be disappointed!

      We're running the vocal jazz table with everything from New York Voices & Pat Metheny, to a bevy of original arrangements, small groups, a-cappella, and a tune or 2 from our kickin' trio featuring Walter Bankovitch on piano, Fred Randolph on bass, and Greg German on drums.

      Ticket sales will help OJC continue our mission of performing for underserved communities. OJC 2010 brought our unique vocal jazz to Girls Inc. of Alameda in workshop form, as well as to Oakland’s Salem Lutheran Home, a senior residence community, and the Crossroads transitional/emergency housing facility in East Oakland through Bread & Roses. We were also honored this year by the Bread & Roses organization for 15 years of volunteer service and through B & R, will be performing for the St. Anthony Foundation (Father Alfred Center) Drug Rehab Center in S.F. this December. Our recent Pacifica Performances concert received a standing ovation!

      Come on over to the City, have some dinner, grab a hot toddy or beverage of your choice and make your way over to:

      Old First Church

      1751 Sacramento Street

      San Francisco, CA 94109  |  415.474.1608

      $17.00 General

      $14.00 Seniors (65 and older)

      $14.00 Full Time Students

      Hope to see you there!

      The Oakland Jazz Choir - a 501c(3) non profit

      www.oaklandjazzchoir.com

      find us on Facebook