AUDITIONS for paying professional Christmas Caroling Company!

  • caspergreg
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2010
      The south bay / Monterey branch of The Merrie Olde Christmas Carolers is in looking for a few good men... And women!

      We will be holding auditions for tenors and altos on Thursday, September 9th, beginning at 8pm in Cupertino. If you or someone you know is interested, please send an email to carolers@... to schedule an audition time. There will be a limited number of available times, so don't wait... Do it right away!

      The Merrie Olde Christmas Carolers is the worlds largest professional a cappella Christmas caroling company, with branches in several states. We have two branches here in the bay area. We sing custom arrangements of traditional carols plus some new songs written just for us. We sing in SATB quartets dressed in Dickensian attire. And we pay our singers!

      Here's what we're looking for:

      - Tenors and altos only this year. Tenor must have a good range and be comfortable singing to at least an A. Altos should have a nice lower register.

      - You must be able to read music, and sightreading is very helpful.

      - You should have some experience singing in a small a cappella group with close harmonies.

      - You should have no problem singing one-to-a-part arrangements.

      - You should be able to blend well, have excellent pitch and tone control, and the personality to be entertaining while singing.

      - You should have available time to learn and rehearse the music (we have a little over 60 songs comprising about 300 pages of music!) You should also have available time during the holiday season from Thanksgiving to Christmas to be able to accept gigs. This does NOT mean you can't have a day job.... Many of our singers do. You just need to be sure you have time to take jobs offered to you.

      We have about 50 singers already in our group in the bay area. Most come from either opera chorus or musical theatre backgrounds which, while helpful, is not required. But experience is. We sing challenging arrangements and get paid to do it, so we have to be very good. It's what our excellent reputation is based on. We've been performing in the bay area since the 1970's, so we're obviously doing something right! Most of our singers return year after year because not only is the money good, we have a GREAT time doing what we do and our people are wonderful!

      So, if you have the time, talent and desire... We'd love to hear you! Please send an email to carolers@... to schedule an audition time. We will send you a couple of our songs to learn for the audition. Then we'll have you sing with some of our veterans. Don't wait... DO IT NOW! You'll need some time to study the songs so you can be your best at auditions!

      Hope to see you on Thursday, September 9th!

      Greg Casper
      Manager - The Merrie Olde Christmas Carolers
      South bay / Monterey Branch