Attn singers -- The Gryphon Carolers want You!

  • Valerie
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2010
      Come sing with us for the 2010 holiday season!

      Who WE are:

      For 24 years the Gryphon Carolers have enchanted Bay Area audiences with
      their musical innovation, wit, and pure heart.  Led by songwriters/arrangers Ed
      Johnson & Carol McComb, we perform innovative holiday music in our annual
      concert --  a joyous celebration of peace, love, and community. Come be a part
      of some of the most infectious and inspiring holiday music you've ever
      experienced!

      Who YOU are:

      - You love complex, unique vocal arrangements drawn from many world traditions
      - You can attend rehearsals in Los Altos on Sunday evenings
      - You have a good sense of pitch and rhythm, and a natural folk or jazz tone
      (not heavy-vibrato classical style)
      - You either read music, or are able to put in time outside of rehearsals
      learning your parts from recordings
      - You have a sense of fun and camaraderie
      - You can perform at our concert on Dec 18 at Spangenberg Auditorium in Palo
      Alto, and at nearby rest homes in the days preceding the concert (and attend
      dress rehearsal on Dec 17)
      - At this point we are in particular need of Soprano 2's and Tenor 2's

      Auditions: To schedule an audition, write to edmundjohnson@...

      Come sing with us!  Learn more at our web site at
      http://www.gryphoncarollers.com/join_us.php