Got Pitch? Got Rhythm? Got Phrasing? And …

  • RoShamBo
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2010
      ARE YOU A TENOR?????

      If so, then here's a rare opportunity to audition for Ro Sham Bo, an a cappella group (3 men, 3 women) that has been entertaining Bay Area audiences for over fifteen years. As our tenor, you’ll have the chance to gig once a month at various Bay Area venues and rehearse weekly with a group that cares about working hard to create the best possible sound.

      Here’s what we’re looking for in you:

      * Ability to sing jazz, swing, bebop, and Latin
      * Superb musical phrasing skills
      * Prior experience singing as part of a pad with “crunchy” chords
      * Experience with small group a cappella (one voice to a part)
      * Excellent intonation and rhythm
      * Commitment to rehearse every Tuesday evening from 6:45 – 9:45 in Oakland
      * Strong Tenor Range (C3 - C5 ish)
      * Willingness to help book gigs and share in the group's creative growth

      You should also be a great soloist who enjoys engaging the crowd and someone who takes the musical intention of rehearsals seriously while also having fun. Vocal percussion skills are strongly preferred but not required.

      If this sounds like YOU, please contact us with a little bit about yourself, a recording with you as the featured soloist and a recording with you singing backgrounds. The recordings do not have to be professional.

      Samples of our music can be found on our facebook page or our website at roshambosings.com.

      We look forward to hearing from you and are happy to answer any questions you might have about us!

      Ro Sham Bo
      Audrey Kauffman, Bonnie Doyle, Carolyn Dowd, Ben Fendel, Ryan Tomko, and YOUR NAME HERE
      Email: roshambosings@...