Camerata of Grace Cathedral Auditions for 2010 - Especially Sopranos and Altos

  • grvisgitus
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2010
      Camerata of Grace Cathedral Auditions for 2010

      Camerata of Grace Cathedral, a chamber choir of about 24 musicians will be holding auditions. Our schedule has us sing about 4 services a month at either the Sunday Choral Evensong or the Sunday Morning Choral Eucharist in one of the most magnificent, majestic and beautiful places of worship in the nation.

      Under the direction of Assistant Director of Music, Robert Gurney, Camerata has steadily become an outstanding musical ensemble since its inception in the Fall of 2005. Our weekly rehearsals are on Wednesday evenings from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM. Camerata sings a diverse repertoire of Medieval Chant, Renaissance and Baroque motets, Anglican Anthems and newly composed sacred works. Interested singers must have choral experience, read music, and commit to regular rehearsals. This is an excellent opportunity to offer one's musical gifts in a vitally important ministry to the community. Cathedral membership is not required.

      For more information about this choir, or to arrange an audition, please contact Robert Gurney, Interim Assistant Organist - Tel: 415 749-6331

      Auditions are held by appointment. You will be requested to sing a prepared piece of any style that shows your vocal ability and musicality (a hymn or classical selection), and also do some vocalizing and sight-reading. The audition lasts 10-12 minutes. An accompanist will be provided. There are openings for all voices.

      Grace Cathedral
      1100 California Street
      San Francisco CA, 94108 USA
      Tel: 415 749-6331 – Robert Gurney