Auditions All Voice Parts - San Francisco Renaissance Voices

  • SFRenaissance Voices
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2010
      San Francisco Renaissance Voices (SFRV) is currently auditioning for singers to add to our roster for our 2010 concerts.  Auditions will be held Tuesday, January 12, at 7 pm at Seventh Avenue Presbyterian Church (1329 Seventh Avenue between Irving and Judah Streets on the NJudah or 6Parnassus Muni line) in San Francisco.  You should have experience singing at the professional or "near professional" level and be comfortable singing 2-3 voices to a part.  Rehearsals are Tuesdays 7-10 pm in San Francisco beginning approximately 6 weeks before each concert set.  Concert dates for 2010 are:  March 6, 7 & 14, May 15 & 16 & 23, and July 31, August 1 & 8, 2010.

      To be considered for an audition, contact us at sfrvoices@... with a brief description about your interest, your voice part, and a description of your singing experience/musical background.

      SFRV are Artists-in-Residence with Seventh Avenue Performances (San Francisco) and made their debut in 2004 with a sold-out performance of Victoria's Requiem.  We have consistently earned praise for our "gossamer sound ... a sound something akin to spiritual levitation" as well as recognition for our imaginative programming and lauded as "a standout within the crowded field of Bay Area early music ensembles" by San Francisco Classical Voice.  We are dedicated to performing and exploring the a cappella choral music of the Renaissance particularly lesser-known and rarely-performed works, as well as exploring music from this period outside of the traditional European canon and have been featured by such publications as The Los Angeles Times, The San Francisco Chronicle, Newsday, USA Today and the national magazine Early Music America, among others.

      Learn more about us at:  www.SFRV.org

      #####