Third Thursday women's open mic Nov. 19

  • Janet Rachel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2009
      Join us Thursday, Nov. 19 for Third Thursday women's open mic talent
      showcase at Montclair Women's Cultural Arts, 1650 Mountain Blvd. in
      Oakland, corner of Mountain and Thornhill off Hwy. 13, 7:30 pm.
      510-654-4088 for info. $ 7 - 10 sliding scale at the door.

      Open mic spots fill us fast. See info. below about how to sign up.

      This is an all-women event and all women are welcome.

      We are excited to have jazz infused singer ELLEN ROBINSON as our
      feature this month! Thrilling audiences at Yoshi's and Anna's jazz
      island, Ellen swingin' vocals form an adventuresome eclectic mix of
      songs: jazz standards, folk/pop tunes and original material. She will
      be accompanied on keyboard by the wonderfully talented Julie Wolf,
      who will also sing backup vocals on a few tunes. All About Jazz says
      about Ellen: This singer delivers from the heart. That's her forte.
      Each song has a story to tell and she does so with clarity and
      warmth. She just lets it fly and what happens is a lovely melodic
      parade.
      www.ellenrobinson.com

      AND...the heart and soul of Third Thursday: YOU, either as performer
      or audience member. Drop in for some laughs, songs, poems, prose,
      instruments, spoken word, and any other talents you have. Each
      performer has 5 minutes to do their thing. It is an evening rich
      with entertainment.

      For PERFORMANCE SIGN-UP email <janetrac@...>, and arrive
      before 7:30 to check in. Show is from 7:30 to 10:00 with an
      intermission. Spaces are limited so we can end at 10:00, allowing
      our volunteer crew get get home at a decent hour and keeping the
      neighbors happy. **A cappella,** acoustic, or plugged in are all
      welcome. We have a sound system.

      Thank you for keeping this event scent-free. Event is wheelchair
      accessible. Let me know at <janetrac@...> if you need
      disabled access parking *one day in advance.*

      Janet Rachel, Host/MC
      Third Thursday Women's Talent Showcase