Third Thursday women's open mic Sept. 17

  • Janet Rachel
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2009
      Our new season begins! Join us Thursday, Sept. 17 for Third Thursday
      women's open mic talent showcase at Montclair Women's Cultural Arts,
      1650 Mountain Blvd. in Oakland, corner of Mountain and Thornhill off
      Hwy. 13, 7:30 pm. 510-654-4088 for info. $ 7 - 10 sliding scale at
      the door.

      Open mic spots fill us fast. See info. below about how to sign up.

      This is an all-women event and all women are welcome.

      Starting us off this season is our feature KAREN MULLALLY who is a
      powerful vocalist, songwriter, and kickin' guitar player. Playing an
      eclectic mix of rock, blues, and country-based original songs and
      classic tunes, Karen's dazzling guitar work and expressive vocals
      are amazing. She is the lead guitar player and vocalist of the Karen
      Mullally Band and will feature tunes from her latest CD, "Watch You

      The Artist In Residence this month is JANET MOORE who will be showing
      and selling her eclectic style jewelry, made from found objects,
      semi-precious stones and freshwater pearls, glass beads, silver and
      collage. She will also have her handwoven shawls and scarves in soft
      chenille yarns in colors of berry, abalone, rust, brown and white.

      AND...the heart and soul of Third Thursday: YOU, either as performer
      or audience member. Drop in for some laughs, songs, poems, prose,
      instruments, spoken word, and any other talents you have. Each
      performer has 5 minutes to do their thing. It is an evening rich
      with entertainment.

      For PERFORMANCE SIGN-UP email <janetrac@...>, and arrive
      before 7:30 to check in. Show is from 7:30 to 10:00 with an
      intermission. Spaces are limited so we can end at 10:00, allowing
      our volunteer crew get get home at a decent hour and keeping the
      neighbors happy. A cappella, acoustic, or plugged in are all
      welcome. We have a keyboard and a sound system.

      Thank you for keeping this event scent-free. Event is wheelchair
      accessible. Let me know at <janetrac@...> if you need
      disabled access parking *one day in advance.*

      Janet Rachel, Host/MC
      Third Thursday Women's Talent Showcase