Bass needed, Greek singing project August 24-31

  • Philandrinos, Panos
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2009
      Dear Basses,

      I am producing a CD of previously unrecorded Greek Orthodox hymns as a tribute on the occasion of the 45th anniversary of my father's ordination to the Orthodox priesthood, as well as a tribute to celebrated Greek Orthodox composers who since the 1950s have arranged the Byzantine chants of Greece into westernized versions for mixed Greek Orthodox choirs in the U.S. I have personally spoken with each composer or composer's estate and obtained permission to record ~10 previously unrecorded hymns.

      I have secured twelve accomplished volunteer singers. I'm looking for at least one Bass. Singers do not have to have professional experience to be involved, but some choral experience is necessary. We are looking for singers who can deliver a clean tone with little to no vibrato and who will blend well in a small group.

      We have a wonderful rehearsal and recording venue, well known for its superb acoustics. All rehearsals and recording will take place during the week of August 24-31, 2009 (exact schedule below). We've chosen a fairly aggressive and concentrated schedule to minimize the time commitment required. The goal is to make the CD widely available to the Greek Orthodox community as well as to the general public.

      All transportation costs will be covered.

      REHEASAL/RECORDING dates/times:

      Rehearse:
      Monday, August 24: 7 - 10pm
      Tuesday, August 25: 7 - 10pm
      Thursday, August 27: 7 - 10pm

      Record:
      Friday, August 28: 7 - 10pm
      Sunday, August 30: 6 - 9pm
      Monday, August 31: 7 - 10pm

      If this project is of interest to you and you are available for most of the rehearsal and all of the recording dates, I would welcome your participation and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

      Many thanks for your consideration.

      Kind regards,

      Panos
      --