VOICECRAFT jazz/pop a cappella quintet seeks TENOR!

  • Caia
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2009
      Jazz/pop quintet VoiceCraft needs T to join SABB!

      Voicecraft formed last fall as a quartet, added a bass this spring,

      and just lost our tenor to going-back-to-school plans for the fall, so

      we are looking for a new TENOR!

      We perform mostly jazz, pop and occasionally other styles of music if the

      mood strikes us. We want to sing music that is challenging, and do it

      well, striving for excellence - so passion and entertainment are as

      important as pitch and rhythm. And we believe that hard work and fun

      are not mutually exclusive!

      We're looking for a tenor who:

      •       Sings solos with gusto

      •       Hears and sings those crunchy jazz notes that the inner voices often have

      •       Reads music enough to learn music outside rehearsal from sheet music
                   (ace sightreading not required)

      •       Has experience singing harmony (preferably a cappella)

      •       Is committed to rehearsing weekly and learning notes outside rehearsal

      •       Is comfortable with the occasional choreography

      •       Is comfortable singing both off and on mic

      •       Vocal percussion a plus but not required.

      Auditions will start in September and involve singing a short solo,

      singing a piece we'll send you, and possibly learning a new short

      piece during the audition.

      Please contact caiajb@...! (Also feel free to forward to anyone

      you think might be interested – thanks!)