Greek Orthodox hymn recording opportunity

  • Philandrinos, Panos
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2009
      Invitation to altos, tenors, and baritones interested in participating in a unique recording project of previously unrecorded Greek Orthodox hymns.

      I am producing a CD as a tribute on the occasion of the 45th anniversary of my father's ordination to the priesthood as well as a tribute to the Greek Orthodox musicians who since the 1950s have been arranging the Byzantine chants (melodic line/bass drone) of Greece into homo/polyphonic versions for mixed Greek Orthodox choirs in the U.S. I have already recruited 9 gifted singers and need three more (one each A,T, & B). I'm looking for singers who can deliver a clean tone with little to no vibrato who will blend well in a small group.

      I have received permission from the Greek composers to record their hymns. Again, this will be the first recording of this music.

      We will rehearse August 24 - 26 and record over two days later that same week at a church in San Francisco.

      If interested, please email me so that I can provide more details such as my background, the bios of the musical director and current group of singers, music samples, etc. While I won't be able to pay the singers, this is a great opportunity to be part of and credited for a unique and professionally executed singing project.

      Thanks so much for considering,

      Panos Philandrinos
      pphilandrinos@...