Mostly Motets Auditions Are Underway Now

  • stevemoore95402
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2009
      Mostly Motets is now auditioning experienced singers who are passionate about sacred music from the Renaissance and Middle Ages. Auditions for the 2009-2010 season are being held for all parts; we are especially in need of another alto or countertenor and another bass. We have a couple more summer get-acquainted rehearsals scheduled with prospective new members before starting our season in earnest in late August.

      Mostly Motets is a 12-14 member ensemble that sings a cappella works by popular High Renaissance composers (Tallis, Byrd, Victoria, Palestrina, etc.) as well as less-often performed earlier music (Dufay, Desprez, Fry, Ockeghem, chant, Middle English songs, etc.).

      The ensemble usually rehearses twice a month on Sunday afternoons from 1:30 to 4:30 in Berkeley or San Francisco.

      For more details or to arrange to audition, please see http://www.MostlyMotets.com/Visitor/Membership and contact Steve Moore as soon as possible at (707) 575-7400 or by email.