Zengon Productions seek male vocalists for quartet

  • Lane Ruoff
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2009
      Zengon Productions is seeking four dynamic and versatile male vocalists. Our newly formed non-profit corporation is the umbrella organization for the Pacific Wind Ensemble(pacificwindensemble.org) and will also represent The Starry Knights. The "Knights" are an a-cappella male quartet, directed by Lane Ruoff, with vocal arrangements by Todd Michael Willis and Lane Ruoff. Todd Michael Willis is also director and conductor of The Pacific Wind Ensemble.

      Members who sing in The Starry Knights will receive compensation on a paid performance basis. Amounts will vary with the venues. There will be no compensation for rehearsals or "showcase/benefit performances. We are not employers.

      We seek a bass, baritone, second tenor and first tenor. Both the second and first tenors must have strong falsetto skills. All singers are required to sing solo. All must have sight reading skills, excellent intonation and fast assimilation and memory for the material. Punctuality and preparation is very important. We need all singers to be fair to the others who arrive on time and come to rehearsal prepared. Rehearsals will be in the San Francisco Inner Richmond District.

      The Starry Knights have enjoyed many years of performance in the Bay Area. Although the members have changed, the repertoire is a "tried and true" audience pleaser. The core of the groups repertoire is 1950-60's close vocal harmony, which is performed with dedication and respect for this era in "American Music." We plan on expanding into barbershop and jazz (Hedricks/Lambert/Ross). A growing repertoire requires fast learners with strong improvisation vocal skills and excellent ears for harmony. We hope to match up skilled vocalists with very proactive management and booking.

      Once we have received e-mails from interested singers from all needed vocal ranges, we will schedule auditions. In the mean time please e-mail us at daishonin03@.... Please include all contact information and a short description of your experience and vocal range.

      Thank You,

      Lane Ruoff
      President
      Zengon Productions, Inc.