[ba-acappella] Auditions for new semi-pro a cappella group

  • Damon Tribble
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 1999
      We are looking for fun, motivated, male, twenty-something-looking singers with strong voices, good attitudes and great stage presence for a new, six-man, semi-pro contemporary/rock/pop a cappella group. Writing and arranging skills, vocal percussion, choreography/dance experience are big plusses too.
      The style of the group will be contemporary, which translates to: Rock/Pop/Jazz/R&B/Eclectic/Whatever-we-feel-like. The group will be serious-semi-pro, meaning that even though we won't be making our living at this, we will work hard at creating a tight sound, great musicianship and a fun show. We will rehearse and perform often, both for free and for pay. There is a lot of opportunity for paying (and non-paying) gigs for a talented semi-pro group in the Bay Area at the moment. Though doing paying gigs will not be the group's primary focus, it will be nice to get paid to do what we love from time to time.
      A little about us:

      Damon: I am a 27 year-old baritone/tenor II with *some* vocal percussion skills which I would like to improve through lessons (though I do not plan on being *the* vocal percussionist). I graduated from the University of Redlands (in Southern Cal.) in 1994 with a Bachelor's of Music in Vocal Performance. During my time at the university I became frustrated that there was no a cappella group on campus, so I started one and functioned as business manager during its first two years. "Those Guys!" has since continued to thrive and grow and was recently invited to be one of the guest groups singing before the show at the World A Cappellafest in L.A. I also have quite a bit of musical theatre, as well as solo-singing experience.

      Bud: Bud is a 28 year-old Tenor 1/2 with a great pop/R&B sound. He is a former member and founder of the very sucessful a cappella group Measure by Measure in Kansas. He has great arranging and writing skills, an awesome stage presence and is just generally a great guy!

      Both of us have a good knowledge of the music business from working as music agents at Prince/SF Productions in San Francisco: a music agency which specializes in booking a cappella artists such as The House Jacks, m-pact and The Nylons as well as many other non-a cappella acts.
      We will be holding an audition around mid-October. If you are at all interested in what you have read, please get in touch with Damon A.S.A.P. either by e-mail at dtribble@... or at (925) 258-1922. We look forward to hearing from you!!!