San Francisco Lyric Chorus Summer 2009 Auditions

  • Helene Whitson
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2009
      The San Francisco Lyric Chorus, under the direction of Robert Gurney,
      invites singers to join us for our Summer 2009 trimester. We have openings
      in all parts.

      Tenors and Basses especially are needed.

      Program: Mozart, Schubert, Mendelssohn

      Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart ­ Vesperae Solennes de Confessore, K 339
      Franz Schubert ­ Mass in G
      Felix Mendelssohn ­ Say Where Is He Born from Christus
      Felix Mendelssohn ­ There Shall A Star From Jacob from Christus
      Felix Mendelssohn ­ He Watching Over Israel from Elijah
      Felix Mendelssohn ­ Kyrie in D Minor

      Rehearsals begin Monday, May 11, 2009

      Rehearsals are held on Monday nights from 7:15-9:45 p.m. at Trinity
      Episcopal Church, Bush & Gough Streets, San Francisco.

      To arrange for an audition (ability to blend and sing in tune, some sight
      reading skill expected) or obtain further information, contact Music
      Director Robert Gurney at 415-775-5111 or rgurney@....

      Our concerts will be held on Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 8 p.m. and Sunday,
      August 23, 2009 at 5 p.m.

      For our Spring 2009 trimester, we will sing some of the most beautiful music
      of those master composers, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Franz Schubert and Felix
      Mendelssohn.

      For further information about us, check our website at http://www.sflc.org