Women & Song/DulciMates this weekend

  • Deborah Hamouris
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2009
      Hello, friends & music lovers,

      I'll be directing Women & Song again at the Pagan Festival this Saturday, and am happy to be playing with my husband at the Nomad Cafe on Sunday. Details are below. Please join us!

      In harmony,
      DJ Hamouris

      ***
      SATURDAY, MAY 9TH, 2009

      Pagan Festival
      Women & Song - 10-5:30

      Civic Center Park
      Berkeley CA
      Price: Free
      Women & Song will perform a short set @2:30pm during the afternoon performances. This will be our 5th year participating at the Pagan Festival!
      Civic Center Park is located at Martin Luther King Jr. Way (between Center and Allston)

      ***
      SUNDAY, MAY 10TH, 2009

      Nomad Cafe
      The DulciMates - 11am-1pm

      6500 Shattuck Ave.
      Oakland CA
      Price: Donation
      The DulciMates are DJ Hamouris and Buffalo (aka: John Brownson), singers and musicians who have performed in the Bay Area for many years. A few years ago they began to explore the musical possibilities of the traditional Appalachian dulcimer, and soon realized that this little known instrument can be played to accompany more than the predictable Appalachian and border ballads. Expect to hear songs from sources as varied as Leonard Cohen, The Beatles and the Grateful Dead when the DulciMates play, but if you request it they may play some down home Carter Family, too.

      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/moonrise
      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/hamouris
      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/gaiasvoice