Mostly Motets 2009-2010 Season Auditions

  • stevemoore95402
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2009
      Mostly Motets is now auditioning experienced singers who are passionate about sacred music from the Renaissance and Middle Ages. Auditions are being held for all parts. We plan to hold a few get-acquainted rehearsals with prospective new members before starting our season in earnest in late August.

      Mostly Motets is a small ensemble that sings a cappella works by popular High Renaissance composers (Tallis, Byrd, Victoria, Palestrina, etc.) as well as less-often performed earlier music (Dufay, Desprez, Fry, Ockeghem, chant, Middle English songs, etc.).

      The ensemble usually rehearses about twice a month on Sunday afternoons from 1:30 to 4:30 at First Congregational Church of Berkeley. Someday we hope to also rehearsal occasionally in San Francisco, if we are able to find a good San Francisco venue.

      For more details or to arrange to audition, please see http://www.MostlyMotets.com/Visitor/Membership and contact Steve Moore as soon as possible at (707) 575-7400 or by email.