Voices Lesbian Choral Ensemble seeks new Music Director

  • Jessica Flintoft
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2009
      Dear Colleagues,

      Last May, we celebrated our 20th anniversary and the release of our
      second CD "On the Record," available at our website
      http://www.voiceslce.org We also said farewell to our Music Director
      Yulia Ronskaya, who led Voices for 9 years and contributed
      tremendously to the development of Voices Lesbian Choral Ensemble. We
      are now embarking on our search for a new Music Director.

      Do you know of anyone who has the skills and values to direct Voices
      Lesbian Choral Ensemble? Please read on!

      Full description is below, and also attached here as a PDF. Please
      distribute widely, and direct all interested to contact us at
      voicesinfo@....

      Thank you!

      Sincerely,
      Jessica Flintoft
      Member, Voices Lesbian Choral Ensemble

      *Posting Date: Sunday, March 15, 2009. Deadline for applications:
      Friday April 3, 2009. Position will remain open until filled*

      * *

      Voices Lesbian Choral Ensemble is seeking a skilled, energetic and
      inspiring Music Director with proven ability to provide musical
      leadership for a small, dynamic, a cappella group that operates by
      modified consensus. Voices LCE is an organization with a 20 year
      history and a strong commitment to musical excellence.

      *RESPONSIBILITIES*:

      - Provide musical direction and vocal coaching to the ensemble
      - Develop and conduct performances with input from assistant music
      director and ensemble members
      - Collaborate with assistant music director and ensemble members in
      selecting and developing repertoire
      - Prepare the majority of the original arrangements for the ensemble
      - Coordinate artistic and technical aspects of stage presentation
      - Conduct and be responsible for artistic administration of weekly
      rehearsals
      - Attend and participate in organizational meetings (annually, one or two
      board meetings, two half day business meetings, and member retreat).

      *QUALIFICATIONS*:

      - Exceptional musicianship and demonstrated past experience leading a
      performing vocal ensemble, preferably a cappella
      - Artistic vision that incorporates Voices values of diversity,
      anti-oppression and social justice
      - Passion for and experience with a cappella vocal music
      - Appreciation of and familiarity with diverse musical genres and vocal
      techniques
      - Ability to energize and inspire creativity and musical excellence
      - Excellent leadership, communication, and organizational skills
      - Commitment to foster a collaborative environment that utilizes a
      modified consensus model for decision making
      - Identification with and connection to lesbian communities**
      - Knowledge of lesbian and queer music and culture**

      *TIME COMMITMENT/COMPENSATION*: This is a part-time independent
      contractor position at a monthly salary of $500 for a time commitment
      of approximately 30 hours per month. Please submit resume, cover
      letter, and audio or paper score sample of an original a cappella
      arrangement by email to voicesinfo@... or by mail to Voices
      Lesbian Choral Ensemble, P.O. Box 22522, Oakland, California 94609.
      Please apply as soon as possible. Applications will be considered on
      a rolling basis. **