Auditions in San Francisco?

  • Megan Power
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2009
      Hello,

      I'm interested in joining an a cappella group in San Francisco. What's the
      best way to find out about auditions?

      Thanks,
      Megan Power
    • john gale
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 11, 2009
        On Mar 5, 2009, at 11:22 AM, Megan Power wrote:

        > I'm interested in joining an a cappella group in San Francisco.
        > What's the
        > best way to find out about auditions?

        Likely just stay on the list and wait till it gets spammed with the
        next audition / concert announcement :)

        To find a group you like, I would recommend start going to concerts
        that might interest you. Find a group that sounds the way you like
        and then ask about auditions. The amount of turnover in bay area
        groups is rather high, so you'll likely find some openings somewhat
        quickly.

        ~ john

        =================
        support the arts!
        www.smadness.com

        pseudo-updated February 14, 2009
      • Valerie
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 13, 2009
          And once you find some groups you like, check their websites.  For example, here are a couple of Bay Area groups seeking singers, and I'm sure there are others:

          Kitka is seeking singers with strong, beautiful voices and engaging stage presence to add to our ensemble. We are looking for vocalists who are adept at singing in both open/chest voice and “pure” (light vibrato) head voice styles. Previous performance experience and familiarity with Eastern European singing is preferred but not necessary.
          http://www.kitka.org/calendar/vocalauditions.html
          Born to Drone is looking for singers - preferably with Balkan singing experience. We meet Thursday evenings in Menlo Park, California. We perform locally several times a year. http://www.borntodrone.org/