Curious Blend on the Lookout for Soprano/Mezzo and Bass/VP

  • bkaplan91
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2009
      Curious Blend is a jazzy, eclectic SATB quartet, dedicated both to making high quality, juicy, beautiful music, and having a lot of fun in the process. Currently, our repertoire runs the gamut from Puerling to Broadway to some original in-house masterpieces.

      We would love to have both a soprano/mezzo-soprano and a bass/vocal percussionist join us. We're looking for singers who can either sight read fairly well, or are good at learning parts by ear, and are able to hold tight harmonies on their own. We're an upbeat, playful group, and we're excited about including new folks who would enjoy being part of us!

      You can sample our style at www.curiousblend.com.

      We meet on Thursday nights (though we have some flexibility in this) in Palo Alto at 7:30. The four of us warmly invite interested singers to come join us for an audition. We'll ask you to sing something that shows off your voice, and join us in a portion of a vocal jazz song which we'll share with you in advance.

      Please contact Barbara at bkaplan91@... to arrange an audition. We look forward to meeting you!