Camerata of Grace Cathedral Auditions for 2009 - All Voices - Altos Encouraged

  • grvisgitus
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2009
      Camerata of Grace Cathedral, a chamber choir of about 24 musicians
      will be holding auditions. Our schedule has us sing about 4 services
      a month at either the Sunday Choral Evensong or the Sunday Morning
      Choral Eucharist in one of the most magnificent, majestic and
      beautiful places of worship in the nation.

      Under the direction of Assistant Director of Music, Ben Bachmann,
      Camerata has steadily become an outstanding musical ensemble since
      its inception in the Fall of 2005. Our weekly rehearsals are on
      Wednesday evenings from 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM. Camerata sings a diverse
      repertoire of Medieval Chant, Renaissance and Baroque motets,
      Anglican Anthems and newly composed sacred works. Interested singers
      must have choral experience, read music, and commit to regular
      rehearsals. This is an excellent opportunity to offer one's musical
      gifts in a vitally important ministry to the community. Cathedral
      membership is not required.

      For more information about this choir, or to arrange an audition,
      please contact Ben Bachmann at benb@... or 415-749-
      6334.

      Auditions are held by appointment. You will be requested to sing a
      prepared piece of any style that shows your vocal ability and
      musicality (a hymn or classical selection), and also do some
      vocalizing and sight-reading. The audition lasts 10-12 minutes. An
      accompanist will be provided. There are openings for all voices.

      Grace Cathedral
      1100 California Street
      San Francisco CA, 94108 USA
      Tel: 415-749-6334 – Ben Bachmann