Award-Winning Men's Chorus Holding Auditions

  • dbinetti
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2009
      Voices in Harmony, Northern California's Premier Men's A Cappella
      Chorus, is currently holding auditions!

      Voices in Harmony (VIH) is a 100-man chorus that operates out of San
      Jose. We perform for audiences worldwide, with a particular emphasis on
      Bay Area locations. Our debut CD received a Best Album nomination from
      CARA, the Contemporary A Cappella Society, and our musical director, Dr.
      Greg Lyne, is an Internationally-recognized vocal instructor who has
      served as a Guest Conductor of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir among many
      other achievements.

      We sing a variety of musical styles including classical, contemporary,
      jazz, and compete as part of the Barbershop Harmony Society. Our
      primary focus is acheiving a transcendent musical experience for our
      audiences. The goal is not merely to "sound great" but to touch the
      hearts of those for whom we sing.

      Every man in our chorus is dedicated to becoming the very best musician
      he can be. We work hard and are rewarded with appreciative audiences
      and the personal satisfaction that only exceptional music can bring.

      We are seeking to add experienced singers to our ranks. Formal training
      is not required, though most of our members do have a musical
      background. Our audition process is simple and streamlined. Applicants
      are assessed on vocal range, pitch accuracy and ability to harmonize,
      and can prepare a short solo of their own choosing to be delivered in a
      private environment. Most members are accepted on a provisional basis
      which gives the opportunity for each side to learn more about the other
      -- no snap decisions.

      We rehearse every Tuesday night in San Jose, hold additional vocal
      workshops throughout the year, and endeavor for one public performance
      per month. If this sounds like the type of chorus experience you are
      seeking, then we want to hear from you!

      Visit us at http://www.vihchorus.org/join.html
      <http://www.vihchorus.org/join.html> to learn more.