wireless microphone recommendations?

  • larry
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
      What is the best deal for wireless, handheld microphones for a
      non-professional, a-cappella group? We'd like to balance the cost
      with sound quality and durability. We want to untangle our group of 6
      singers while continuing to use floor monitor(s).

      thanks,

      larry
      http://smorgaschord.com/
    • larry
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2008
        Update:

        2 recommendations for Sennheiser, 1 who said Vocopro were good enough.
        And 2 people very interested in hearing our survey results...

        Thanks to all responders so far.

        Please let me know if you have info on wireless.

        larry

        --- In ba-acappella@yahoogroups.com, "larry" <ba-acappella@...> wrote:

        > What is the best deal for wireless, handheld microphones for a
        > non-professional, a-cappella group? We'd like to balance the cost
        > with sound quality and durability. We want to untangle our group of 6
        > singers while continuing to use floor monitor(s).
        >
        > thanks,
        >
        > larry
        > http://smorgaschord.com/

      • Greg Casper
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2008
          Hey Larry.

          There is another option. Convert your existing mics to wireless.

          Check out this link.
          http://video-direct.com/accessories/azden/azden-311xt.html

          And give Jen a big hug for me, will ya!!

          Greg Casper

        • Mike Stark
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2008
            Something important to consider is the FCC's transition to Digital TV.
            Here is a link from Shure about it. Basically don't get anything
            that emits above 698 MHz. There are quite a few 700 MHz systems that
            are going to be put out of use by this so people might be trying to
            unload them. Here is the link to Shure's website:
            http://www.shure.com/proaudio/products/us_pro_ea_dtv

            On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Greg Casper <greg@...> wrote:
            > Hey Larry.
            >
            > There is another option. Convert your existing mics to wireless.
            >
            > Check out this link.
            > http://video-direct.com/accessories/azden/azden-311xt.html
            >
            > And give Jen a big hug for me, will ya!!
            >
            > Greg Casper

          • larry
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 7, 2008
              Summarizing what people have said so far:

              2 suggested Sennheiser
              1 suggested Vocopro
              1 suggested Shure
              1 suggested Azden
              3 want to know the outcome of our investigation
              1 said "don't go wireless--too much trouble"
              2 said "research carefully in light of new TV/mobile switch"

              We plan to try some models that we can borrow. The TV/mobile switch
              is worrying us a bit.

              larry