FOURTH Thursday women's open mic, Oct. 23

  • Janet Rachel
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2008
      Mark your calendars for Thursday October 23 for "Fourth Thursday"
      women's open mic talent showcase at the Montclair Women's Cultural
      Arts Club, 1650 Mountain Blvd. in Oakland, corner of Mountain and
      Thornhill off Hwy. 13, 7:30 pm. 510-654-4088 for info. $ 7 at the
      door.

      **Note: This is a change to the FOURTH Thursday, October 23, for this
      monthly event, a change for October only. The rest of the season
      will be Third Thursday of the month as usual.**

      This is an all-women event and all women are welcome.

      Our feature will be SHERRY GLASER, a supremely gifted spoken
      performance artist who is devilishly clever, continually funny,
      touching, and politically perceptive. A big hit at the 2008 Northern
      California Women's Music Festival, Sherry is the star and author of
      Off-Broadway's longest running one-woman show, "Family Secrets." The
      show garnered critical acclaim, including L.A's Outer Critic's Circle
      Award, South Florida's Carbonell Award for Best Actress, NY Theater
      World Award for Best Debut, a Nomination of a Drama Desk Award and
      L.A.'s Ovation Award. Simon Schuster has published Sherry's
      autobiography based on "Family Secerets." Her latest stage works
      include "Oh My Goddess!," and "THE BrEaST OF SHERRY GLASER" and is a
      founding member of the Peace activist group, BREASTS NOT BOMBS.

      AND...the heart and soul of Third Thursday: YOU, as either performer
      or audience member. Drop in for some laughs and bring your songs,
      poems, prose, instruments, voice or any other talent you might have.
      Each performer has 5 minutes to do their thing, sometimes more in the
      second half if time allows. It is an evening rich with entertainment.

      PERFORMANCE SIGN-UP is at 7 pm, show is from 7:30 to 10:00 with an
      intermission. To assure your spot, email ahead
      <janetrac@...> and get there before 7:30 A cappella or
      plugged in are both encouraged. We have a small sound system.

      ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE: If you are an artist, contact Janet at
      janetrac@... for information about showing and selling your
      art at October's "Fourth" Thursday.

      Thank you for keeping this event scent-free. Event is wheelchair
      accessible. Let me know if you need disabled access parking *one day
      in advance.*

      Janet Rachel, Host/MC
      Third Thursday Women's Talent Showcase