[ba-acappella] West Coast A Cappella Summit

  • Primarily A Cappella
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 1999
      This is the current line up for the West Coast A Cappella Summit. We are
      finalizing the dayime schedule which we will announce soon.

      Saturday Night Concert:

      THE BOBS - THE BLENDERS - SEVEN - REVIVAL - KITKA - THE KINSEY SICKS

      Saturday showcase concert:

      m-pact - AC ROCKS - SCHRODINGER'S CAT - VOCAL SIX

      Sunday showcase concert:

      ALLEY CATS - SAN JOSE CHORAL PROJECT - SIXTH WAVE - (one more TBA)

      Seminars by:

      Richard Greene (The Bobs), Joe Jennings (director Chanticleer), Renee
      Craig (Cracker Jills and acclaimed Sweet Adeline arranger), Sandi Cressmen
      (Pastiche), Darren Rust (The Blenders), Bryan Matheson (Skyline Studios)
      and still more to be announced.

      There will plenty of opportunity for everybody to sing by joining the
      "instant a cappella choruses".

      Barbershop led by Gary Bolles (Pot O' Gold Chorus)
      Contempory led by DJ Hamouris (UHM chorus)
      Jazz led by Juie Ford (Oakland Jazz Choir)
      Gospel led by Roger Thomas (Seven)

      NOVEMBER 6/7, MARIN CENTER, SAN RAFAEL, CALIFORNIA

      Tickets available from the Marin Center box office: 415-472-3500

      For further details check the web site at www.singers.com/summit.html

      John Neal

      ----------------------
      PRIMARILY A CAPPELLA
      harmony@...
      PO Box D, San Anselmo, CA 94979
      Voice: 415-455-8602 Fax 415-459-1622
      Check Out Our Web Site at: www.singers.com
      ----------------------
    • Primarily A Cappella
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 26, 2000
        Scheduled to perform at this year's West Coast A Cappella Summit are:

        SoVoSo
        FRED
        Toxic Audio
        The Coats
        Just 4 Kicks

        plus one more group TBA

        If your group is interested in performing at either of the daytime
        showcases then please contact us SOON. We have had several enquiries and
        will need to select the groups shortly.

        Scheduled to give workshops are Kirby Shaw, Rhiannon, Kitka, Randy
        Crenshaw, Andrew Chaikin with many more to be added.

        Info at http://www.singers.com/summit.html

        Advance sales have been very strong and early purchase is highly
        recomended.

        Nov 18/19 in San Rafael CA. Tickets: 415-472-3500

        John Neal

        ======================
        For a free copy of the catalog send your street address to:-
        THE PRIMARILY A CAPPELLA CATALOG
        harmony@...

        PO Box D, San Anselmo CA 94979
        Voice 415-455-8602 Fax 415-459-1622

        Check out our web site at http://www.singers.com
        ======================
      • Primarily A Cappella
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 21, 2001
          West Coast A Cappella Summit NINTH ANNUAL WEST COAST A CAPPELLA SUMMIT
          San Rafael, California, November 10-11, 2001

          The headliners for the West Coast A Cappella Summit, the nation's original and largest event of it's kind, has been set and promises to be great evening of vocal harmony singing. We are still finalizing which a cappella luminaries will be teaching classes and leading workshops but plans are for another entertaining and educational weekend.

          There are still a few slots available for the daytime showcase concerts so groups wishing to perform are welcome to submit a request. Previous years have proven to be a lot of fun and the event continues to grow in popularity.

          If you love to sing, are in or forming a group or just like to hear great a cappella then consider attending this year's event. We hope to see you there!

          Headlining groups include:

          THE BOBS
          The joy buzzers of a cappella, celebrating their 20th anniversary
          M-PACT
          Named Billboard┬╣s Best Unsigned Artists of the year.
          ACOUSTIX
          1990 International Barbershop Champions
          SIXTH WAVE
          2001 National Harmony Sweepstakes Champions
          SOLSTICE
          Women┬╣s ensemble specializing in Eastern European and world harmony

          Saturday evening concert 8:00 P.M.
          Marin Center, Veteran's Memorial Auditorium
          3501 Civic Center Drive, San Rafael, California

          Daytime Workshops, Seminars, Performances and Sing-Alongs
          Saturday and Sunday:  November 10 and 11th
          Dominican College, 50 Acacia, San Rafael

          Saturday evening concert:  $22.50,  Daytime activities:  $15,  $35 for both
          Tickets:  Marin Center Box Office at (415) 472-3500 or www.ticketmaster.com

          Information: 415-455-8602
          http://www.singers.com/summit.html

          Sponsored by