AUDITIONS - 1 Soprano, 2 Tenor, 2 Basses - SF Choral Artists (paid)

  • skwrite_skwrite
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2008
      ATTENTION SINGERS!

      Audition for the 2008/09 Season
      of the
      San Francisco Choral Artists
      Magen Solomon, Artistic Director

      We are a fun, innovative 20-voice chamber choir that excels in eclectic
      programming and exciting performances. The ensemble of choice for many
      composers, we sing diverse and beautiful music from around the globe,
      featuring both contemporary compositions and the very best choral works
      of the last 600 years. With 24 seasons of experience, 80
      world-premieres, and a talented, cutting-edge Artistic Director, we have
      a strong foundation in choral arts to which we add our own contemporary
      flair and creativity.

      We currently have openings for 1 Soprano, 2 Tenors and 2 Basses.
      INTERESTED SINGERS SHOULD CALL OR E-MAIL IMMEDIATELY

      THE SFCA 2008-09 SEASON:

      December 13, 20 & 21: SEVEN CENTURIES OF CHRISTMAS
      March 21, 28 & 29: WHOLE LOTTA NOYSE - Collaboration with Renaissance
      wind band, The Whole Noyse.
      June 13, 20 & 21: RE-CYCLE, RE-USE, RE-VIEW â€" an exploration of
      musical ecology
      OTHER SPECIAL CONCERTS TBA

      SINGERS: You should have extensive choral experience, solo potential,
      excellent reading and musicianship skills, and should be dedicated to
      the art of chamber singing.

      COMPENSATION: Modest compensation offered for rehearsals and concerts.

      REHEARSALS: Monday evenings from 7-10 pm in San Francisco.

      TO AUDITION: To request an audition, please send an email with a brief
      resume to auditions @ sfca.org. The audition includes vocalizing,
      assessment of vocal instrument and aural skills, tonal and atonal
      sight-reading, 2 prepared works of contrasting style and language.

      CONTACT INFORMATION:
      auditions @ sfca.org / www.sfca.org <http://www.sfca.org> / (415)
      979-5779
      PMB 344, 601 Van Ness Ave. #E, San Francisco, CA 94102

      "The Choral Artists sang with fervor, discernment, and tonal beauty."
      --Anna Carol Dudley, San Francisco Classical Voice

      “An indispensable resource for Bay Area composers.”
      -- David Conte, Composer