3rd Thursday women's open mic Sept. 18

  • Janet Rachel
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2008
      September is here and Third Thursday is back!

      Join us Thursday September 18 for the women's open mic talent
      showcase at the Montclair Women's Cultural Arts Club, 1650 Mountain
      Blvd. in Oakland, 7:30 pm.

      [**Alert, change for October:** Mark your calendars for the FOURTH
      Thursday October 23 for this event. This is a Fourth Thursday change
      for October only.]

      This is an all-women event and all women are welcome.

      We open the season with the fabulous JUDEA EDEN as our Feature. From
      the fist-pumper to the tear jerker, Judea Eden is a master songwriter
      of "the good stuff" ...if Wynonna Judd sang jazz! ...if Pink sang
      country! Judea crafts tunes you will have stuck in your head long
      after the show. Her voice is one of those Etta James meets Jeanette
      Napolitano wonders that goes down sultry-smooth. Judea has played
      stages such SF Gay Pride, Monterey Pop Festival, SF Dyke March,
      Folsom Street and Castro Street Fairs, and many more, and has been
      featured on a number film soundtracks, radio stations including KFOG,
      KPIG, KUSF and others as well as local tv programs.

      AND...the heart and soul of Third Thursday: YOU, as either performer
      or audience member. Drop in for some laughs and bring your songs,
      poems, prose, instruments, voice or any other talent you might have.
      Each performer has 5 minutes to do their thing, sometimes more in the
      second half if time allows. It is an evening rich with entertainment.

      Artist In Residence program: If you are an artist, contact Janet at
      janetrac@... for information about showing and selling your
      art at Third Thursday.

      Performance sign-up is at 7 pm, show is from 7:30 to 10:00 with an
      intermission. You may also email ahead <janetrac@...> to
      sign up but get there before 7:30 to confirm your spot. A cappella
      or plugged in are both encouraged. We have a small sound system.

      The Montclair Women's Cultural Arts Club is located at 1650 Mountain Blvd. in
      Oakland, corner of Mountain and Thornhill off Hwy. 13, 510-654-4088 for info.
      $ 7 at the door.

      Thank you for keeping this event scent-free. Event is wheelchair
      accessible. Let me know if you need disabled access parking *one day
      in advance.*

      Janet Rachel, Host/MC
      Third Thursday Women's Talent Showcase