Reminder: Pacific Mozart Ensemble Auditions

  • daleengle
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2008
      Hi folks,

      We still have open positions, especially for tenors. This season
      includes work with Meredith Monk and Dave Brubeck as well as
      opportunities for solo and small ensemble work in our Jazz & Pop and
      Fundraiser concerts. Please email pme@... as soon as
      possible if you are interested. Currently scheduled auditions are July
      21, August 11 and August 25. The web site is www.pacificmozart.org.

      Thanks,

      Dale

      =================================
      Pacific Mozart Ensemble Auditions

      Wanted!

      Dynamic Singers

      interested in everything from Bach to Broadway

      Now is your chance to be part of the Bay Area's most innovative
      chorus, the Grammy-nominated Pacific Mozart Ensemble!

      WHO IS PME? Having recently celebrated its 25th anniversary, this
      55-voice ensemble is best known for its artistic collaborations and
      ground-breaking commissions. Under the joint direction of Artistic
      Director Richard Grant and Music Director Lynne Morrow, PME performs
      throughout the Bay Area and often beyond. In 2005, PME was nominated for
      a Grammy for its recording of Bernstein's Mass, with Kent Nagano,
      Jerry Hadley, and the Deutsches Symphonie-Orchester. 2005 also included
      PME's Carnegie Hall debut, as part of the Making Music: Meredith
      Monk festival. In 2006, members of PME appeared in local concerts by
      "indie" rocker Sufjan Stevens and avant garde composer and
      musician John Zorn. The 2007-2008 season has been highlighted by
      collaborations with Dave Brubeck, Sweet Honey in the Rock, and the Napa
      Valley Symphony. PME's annual and highly popular A Cappella Jazz &
      Pop concerts take place every June, and a recording project with Dave
      Brubeck and performances with Meredith Monk are part of our 2008-2009
      season plans. Concerts are held 3 or 4 times each season throughout the
      Bay Area.

      If you are an experienced singer, accomplished sight-reader, and
      interested in exploring a range of musical genres with abundant soloist
      opportunities, then PME is for you!

      PME rehearses Monday nights at the Crowden Music School, located at Rose
      and Sacramento Streets in Berkeley, near the North Berkeley BART
      station.

      Auditions are by appointment: 510.848.8022 or pme@...

      PACIFIC MOZART ENSEMBLE www.pacificmozart.org