Benicia Working A Capella Group Still Seeks Tenor Front Man

  • Lane Ruoff
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2008
      If you have any rock experience as a frontman, you are doing yourself
      and other professionals a great disservice by not inquiring or
      auditioning for us. A great opportunity is being lost! Our ideal
      candidate is somewhere between 35 and 55 and not opposed to making
      some decent extra income.

      The Starry Knights is seeking a tenor or high baritone/lead vocalist
      with falsetto. We are a four-man a capella group that has recently
      relocated to Benicia, CA.

      Although our repertoire features the major doo-wop hits of the
      50-60's, our arrangements extend well into hits of the 80's.

      We need someone:

      * who is willing to learn the East Coast, vocal group harmony style
      * who is equally at home singing leads and backups
      * who is a quick learner
      * who is available at first, to rehearse up to four hours per week
      * who has a professional attitude
      * who is up to the challenge of being part of a distinctive, energetic
      group

      We provide the rehearsal space, Pick up and return to BART, sheet
      music, recordings by the original artists, wardrobe, sound system,
      engineer, and manager. What we need is to get up and running as
      quickly as possible. With our standard 16-song set, this should take
      no longer than four weeks. Considering the greatly accelerated
      rehearsal schedule, practice outside of rehearsal is extremely important.

      Although we have occasionally performed "gratis" for good causes, we
      are mainly a professional group and are compensated for our special
      brand of entertainment. We are not employers, but rather act as a
      collective. The more work we get, the more we get paid. We target and
      attract the more affluent "boomer" generation, with our honest
      renditions that never fail to put a smile on their faces.

      We have scheduled showcase apearances at both The Haight Cole Street
      Fair and Ghiardelli Square. Not a bad way to break in a new guy!

      The Starry Knights has made appearances at:

      * KQED
      * First Street Cafe (featured artist)
      * St. Aidan's (dinner theater)
      * Marin Art Fair
      * San Francisco Cabaret Competition (semi-finalists)
      * Palace Of Fine Arts
      * Numerous events for "Bread And Roses"

      Please e-mail us with any questions. We encourage you to audition. We
      are a supportive bunch of guys who want you to succeed. Take the shot
      and let us decide if you are a match. Come on guys! Just one good
      singer and we are ready to roll. Besides we have some nice showcase
      locations set up to get you broken in ...and plenty of time to get you
      ready! Don't pass up this chance.

      Contact Todd Willis at: toddmwillis@... or Lane Ruoff at:
      starryknights01@.... Include your contact information, best time
      to call, a short description of your experiences and interests.

      We look forward to hearing from you...and yes...we do have four other
      wardrobe changes besides "Soprano Shirts."