SFCA presents - SONGS OF SURVIVAL: MUSIC OF THE HOLOCAUST

  • Heather Ousley
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2008
      San Francisco Choral Artists presents:
      SONGS OF SURVIVAL: MUSIC OF THE HOLOCAUST

      Join us in celebrating the power of music to sustain hope in times of
      despair. We remember those who perished in the Holocaust as well as those
      who survived, and how music kept many alive. With songs sung in the camps,
      music written by survivors, and new works to celebrate light in times of
      darkness. Includes the music of William Hilsley, Gideon Klein, Maia
      Aprahamian, Felix Mendelssohn, Kurt Weill, and the winning composition from
      our 4th Annual New Voices Competition. Magen Solomon, Artistic Director.

      We are honored to have the collaboration of Dr. Nick Strimple, one of the
      foremost American scholars of music of the Holocaust, and well-known
      lecturer, author, composer and conductor. Dr. Strimple has served on the
      California State Legislature Working Group for Holocaust, Genocide, and
      Human Rights Education resulting in legislation mandating the teaching of
      genocide awareness in California schools.

      SAN FRANCISCO:
      Saturday, June 14, 2008; 8 PM,
      St. Gregory of Nyssa Episcopal Church, 500 De Haro Street

      PALO ALTO:
      Saturday, June 21, 2008; 8 PM,
      St. Mark's Episcopal Church, 600 Colorado Avenue

      OAKLAND:
      Sunday, June 22, 2008; 4 PM,
      St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 114 Montecito Avenue

      PUBLIC INFO:
      www.sfca.org; info@...; 415-979-5779

      TICKETS:
      $22, $18 Senior, $9 Students/Groups (advance purchase)
      $28, $23 Senior, $12 Students/Groups (at door)
      http://www.sfca.org/tickets-main.php

      Heather Ousley
      Administrative Director
      San Francisco Choral Artists