Mostly Motets Auditions for 2008-2009

  • stevemoore95402
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2008
      Mostly Motets is now auditioning experienced singers who are
      passionate about sacred music from the Renaissance and Middle Ages.
      Auditions are being held for all parts; our strongest need is for
      tenors.

      Mostly Motets is an ensemble of 12-14 singers that sings works by
      popular High Renaissance composers (Tallis, Byrd, Victoria,
      Palestrina, etc.) as well as less-often performed earlier music
      (Dufay, Desprez, Fry, Ockeghem, chant, Middle English songs, etc.).

      The ensemble normally rehearses twice a month on Sunday afternoons
      from 1:30 to 4:30 at First Congregational Church of Berkeley. For the
      2008-2009 season we hope to also find a San Francisco rehearsal venue
      and alternate rehearsals between Berkeley and San Francisco.

      For more details or to arrange to audition, please see
      www.MostlyMotets.com and contact Steve Moore as soon as possible at
      (707) 575-7400 or by email.