3rd Thursday June 19: special Pride show!

  • Janet Rachel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2008
      Don't miss our fabulous finale to the Third Thursday season with a
      special Pride Show!

      Join us for Pride Thursday June 19 for the women's open mic talent
      showcase at the Montclair Women's Cultural Arts Club, 7:30 pm. This
      is an all-women event and all women are welcome.

      Four reasons to be there!!

      1) Be on time for our 7:30 Feature: THE PAM & JERI SHOW! This
      awesome duo is just back from their Olivia cruise show with the Blame
      Sally band. Pam Delgado (vocalist/percussionist) and Jeri Jones
      (guitarist, vocalist, dobro & mandolin player) are both songwriters
      who provide emotionally charged, passionate, and compelling
      folk-pop-rock music. You will long remember their vivid songs,
      lively percussion, spirited attitude, and finely crafted music.
      **Pam & Jeri will perform in the first half hour only, so don't be
      late!**

      2) Opening the second half of the evening will be LIQUID GIRLFRIEND,
      now a 3-piece band and growing! With Linda Atkinson on keyboards,
      blakwomyn on bass, and Cate Larsen on guitar, they will rock you with
      indies, rock, pop, funk, and original tunes.

      3) For your Pride jewelry and wedding gifts:
      our Artists in Residence will be K.C. (KCF Design Group) and Dana
      (Dana K Creations) with their their newest eye-catching jewelry
      guaranteed to dazzle you. Support our local artists -- some proceeds
      will go to Equality California -- and feed your need for retail
      therapy at their "Sneak-Peek Boutique."

      4) AND...the heart and soul of Third Thursday: YOU, as either
      performer or audience member. Drop in for some laughs and bring your
      songs, poems, prose, instruments, voice or any other talent you might
      have. Each performer has 5 minutes to do their thing, sometimes more
      in the second half if time allows. It is an evening rich with
      entertainment.

      Performance sign-up is at 7 pm, show is from 7:30 to 10:00 with an
      intermission. A cappella or plugged in are both encouraged. We have
      a small sound system and an electric keyboard.

      The Montclair Women's Cultural Arts Club is located at 1650 Mountain Blvd. in
      Oakland, corner of Mountain and Thornhill off Hwy. 13, 510-654-4088 for info.
      $ 7 at the door.

      Thank you for keeping this event scent-free. Event is wheelchair
      accessible. Let me know if you need disabled access parking *one day
      in advance.*

      Janet Rachel, Host/MC
      Third Thursday Women's Talent Showcase