looking for singers with an instrumental background

  • Jennifer Ayre
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2008
      I am a soprano (always working on alto stuff), looking for some literate singers to possibly
      form an a cappella group. (Doesn't have to be a cappella). It's less about looking for specific
      voice parts, but rather finding the right musicians to make music with.

      I read music and have an instrumental background, and you should be the same. I have
      expertise in jazz and improvisation, but truly love ALL kinds of music. You must be into all
      styles too and be ready to work hard and learn each piece of music from a sytlistic
      perspective, with of course perfect harmonies, tight rhythms and high energy performance
      each and every time. This is a lot, I know, but come on, what's the point otherwise?

      Are you bored with your current group? Are you the one always wanting more from yourself
      and your musical peers? Are you looking for a bigger challenge? Do you have an
      instrurmental approach to your singing? Let's get together and see what happens.

      Rehearsals in the south bay or peninsula only - (I have a baby and can't travel elsewhere for
      regular practices)

      Jennifer

      __