Pacific Mozart Ensemble: 3 concerts

  • Jim Hale
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 1998
      The Pacific Mozart Ensemble, a ~40 voice vocal group with a wide
      repertoire of musical styles, presents its annual A Cappella Jazz and
      Pop concerts this week and next in the Bay Area.

      Members of the ensemble form small groups and either obtain or write
      their own arrangements. They must pass a rigorous audition process to
      be included in the show. There are also some whole or almost whole
      group tunes, providing a variety you are unlikely to see anywhere else.

      The phone number for tickets is: 510-466-5094

      BERKELEY
      Saturday, June 6, 1998 5:00 p.m.
      Berkeley City Club
      2315 Durant Avenue

      SAN FRANCISCO
      Friday, June 12, 1998 7:30 p.m.
      The Green Room
      The Veterans Building
      401 Van Ness Avenue at McAllister

      OAKLAND
      Sunday, June 14, 1998 5:00 p.m.
      College Preparatory School
      6100 Broadway at Highway 24

      General Admission: $18 Student/Senior: $12

      The Program:

      Songs Composers Arrangers Groups
      ----- --------- --------- ------
      More Today Than Upton Dunbar 3F/4M
      Yesterday
      Breakin' Up Is Sedaka/Greenfield Hale 6F
      Hard To Do
      Strange Meadowlark Brubeck Kelly 3F/4M
      Easy Listening Innes Hale 5M
      And So It Goes Joel Chilcott 2F/4M
      I Remember You Mercer/Schertzinger Hale 2F/3M
      When You Wish Harline/Washington Dunbar Ensemble
      Upon a Star
      Note to Self Hale Hale 2F/3M
      Bus Stop Gouldman Hale 3F/4M
      Fuga Campesina Valdez Dunbar 8F
      The River Brooks/Shaw Hale/Dunbar 4F/4M
      I Can Cook, Too Bernstein/Comden Hale 3F/4M
      Green/Austin

      **INTERMISSION**

      He's A Tramp Burke/Lee Dunbar 20F/5M
      Rose Molyneux Spanier Spanier/ 1F/5M
      Matheson
      Tracks of My Robinson/Tarplin Hale 3F/4M
      Tears Moorer
      Stickshifts and Cake Freeman 2F/3M
      Safety Belts
      One O'Clock Jump Basie/Hendricks Hale 2F/3M
      Blue Rondo a la Brubeck/Jarreau Swingle 4F/4M
      Turk
      Duke of Dubuque Marchant/Royal/ Hale 2F/3M
      Faber
      Waltz For Debby Lees/Evans Mattson 2F/2M
      Nick of Time Raitt Dunbar 3F/3M
      Satin Summer Simon/Walcott Dunbar 8F/5M
      Nights
      Quality Simon Hale 3F/4M
      Girl Group Medley Gaffin/King Hale Ensemble

      [Moderator's note: http://www.pacificmozart.org/ Web site.]