Tenor & Sop Needed - SF Ren Voices

  • SFRenaissance Voices
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2008
      San Francisco Renaissance Voices currently has an opening for a TENOR and a SOPRANO for our upcoming concerts; rehearsals are Tuesdays 7 – 10 PM, March 4 through April 8 in San Francisco with performances on April 12 (San Francisco) and April 19 (Berkeley) with an additional tentative performance May 3 in Palo Alto. Featured pieces include Josquin’s “Missa da pacem” and Mouton’s “Missa Alleluia”.

      You should have experience in ensemble singing at the professional or near-professional level and be comfortable singing 2-3 to a part without accompaniment. Early music “straight tone” is preferred but not required. Our positions are compensated through a cut of the house.

      To be considered for an audition send an EMail to: sfrvoices@... with a short description of your singing experience and indicating your voice part. Auditions will be held March 4 at 7 PM in San Francisco.

      San Francisco Renaissance Voices, under the direction of Todd Jolly, made their debut in 2004 and have quickly become a favorite of Early Music audiences in the Bay Area. Described as having a “sound something akin to spiritual levitation” and “gossamer sound,” the group is dedicated to performing the a cappella choral music of the Renaissance, particularly lesser-known and rarely-performed works including works outside of the traditional European cannon. Learn more about us at: www.sfrv.org.

      ######