This Thursday: "Third Thursday" women's open mic Feb. 21

  • Janet Rachel
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18 5:46 PM
      Join us this coming Thursday February 21 for the women's open mic
      talent showcase at the Montclair Women's Cultural Arts Club, 7:30 pm.

      This is an all-women event and all women are welcome.

      Our Featured Performer this month is SHARI KLINE. An accomplished
      pianist and composer, Shari has been a visible member of the women's
      music community in the Bay Area for the past 4 years. She is known
      for her soulful original music scores and blues piano. She shares her
      musical talents to enliven her seniors at St. Peters Adult Day Care,
      and enrich the lives of pediatric patients at Oakland Children's
      Hospital. As a member of the
      Average Dyke Band she has played all over the Bay area including San
      Francisco PRIDE, Santa Cruz PRIDE, and Nor Cal Music Festival.

      AND...the heart and soul of Third Thursday: YOU, as either performer
      or audience member. Drop in for some laughs and bring your songs,
      poems, prose, instruments, voice or any other talent you might have.
      Each performer has 5 minutes to do their thing, sometimes more in the
      second half if time allows. It is an evening rich with entertainment.

      Performance sign-up is at 7 pm, show is from 7:30 to 10:00 with an
      intermission. We have a small sound system and an electric keyboard.

      The Montclair Women's Cultural Arts Club is located at 1650 Mountain Blvd. in
      Oakland, corner of Mountain and Thornhill off Hwy. 13, 510-654-4088 for info.
      $ 7 at the door.

      Thank you for keeping this event scent-free. Event is wheelchair
      accessible. Let me know if you need disabled access parking *one day
      in advance.*

      Janet Rachel, Host/MC
      Third Thursday Women's Talent Showcase