MOCC-Sacto mgr needed

  • Ken Malucelli
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2008
      Dear Bay Area a cappella enthusiasts and singer friends:

      Ken Malucelli from A Cappella Central (div. Prince/SF Productions) here.

      I'm in need of a new, Sacramento based manager for my Sacramento
      branch of MOCC (Merrie Olde Christmas Carolers http://www.tmocc.com).
      (Please forward if appropriate)

      MOCC is the world's largest costumed carolers organization (regional
      U.S. branches) going into its 31st continuous season.

      N.B. This is not your grandma's caroling stuff. All arrangements (50-
      some-odd) have been created specifically for MOCC by yours truly and
      are musically challenging, but (and this is according to MOCC'ers past
      and present) great fun and something to look forward to, each holiday
      season. (See also 2a, below, re appropriate singers for this music).

      We released our 25th Anniversary CD 5 years ago. Most of the current
      charts can be heard on my recording engineer's sub-site: http://sbarta30.googlepages.com/mocc
      (also lists 16 tracks from a separate archival CD, for add'l
      rehearsal purposes).

      Various charts have been sung in concert and/or recorded, over the
      years, by San Francisco Symphony Chorus, Symphony Silicon Valley
      Chorus, San Francisco Choral Artists, other regional U.S. a cappella
      groups, etc.

      This is a commission based position and can generate as much income as
      the manager can handle. Therefore, appropriate candidates must
      possess the following:

      1. motivation; energy; great positive attitude; strong phone skills;
      strong organizational skills, and...

      2. excellent group management business skills:
      a. auditioning and engaging *excellent, trained, youthful,
      singing musicians* with positive, team-player attitudes
      b. cold calling / contacting businesses for possible engagements
      c. assigning gigs
      d. maintaining data bases
      e. thorough attention to detail and follow-through
      f. crisis management (and occasional "baby-sitting")

      The official "How To MOCC" guide will be made available for the ideal
      candidate.

      I wish to fill this position ASAP. The new manager will have much
      prep work to do. Also note: As the charts can be quite demanding,
      auditions for new singers must start in the spring, and new singers
      must acquire their binders and start assembling their costumes and
      hand-held instruments (kazoo, sleigh bells, finger cymbals,
      tambourine, slide whistle) by as early as late summer, by which time
      rehearsals must commence. MOCC'ers must be ready to rock and roll by
      mid-November, as some malls, etc., get an early start on the Christmas
      season.

      Thanks for your interest. Look forward to hearing from prospective
      candidates.
      KM