SOTA Vocal Jazz: A Celebration of Love!

  • madis_service
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2008
      Looking for a lovely evening of vocal music to celebrate Valentine's Day with or without a
      sweetie?

      Want to go out but have no access to a babysitter?

      Hoping that someone makes Valentine's Day about ALL KINDS OF LOVE and not just the
      gushy romantic kind??

      Look no further my a cappella and vocal lover friends...Come to SF School of the Arts!!

      A CELEBRATION OF LOVE!
      San Francisco School of the Arts
      SOTA Vocal Jazz
      Directed by Kathleen Hollingsworth
      Thursday, Feb 14th, 7:30pm
      SOTA Cafe (aka, the cafeteria)
      555 Portola at O'Shaughnessy

      Tix at the door
      $20 single $35 couple

      BABYSITTING PROVIDED~ $20 per child, sliding scale if you need it! (But hey, where can
      you get a babysitter for this price on Valentine's Day??)

      Light appetizers and desserts created by Chez Wexler!

      We are raising funds to help this new and AWESOME group of talented singers get on the
      road to the Reno Jazz Festival. Please come and support young musicians!!

      You'll hear music of Nina Simone, Bobby Caldwell, Hoagy Carmichael, The Duke and Ella
      and so many more...

      AND SPECIAL GUEST ARTISTS INCLUDE:

      Sandy Cressman, Brazillian Vocalist~if you've not heard this wonderfully talented and local
      artist, you are in for a treat!!

      The brand new a cappella super-group, featuring former members of Clockwork,
      Soulsemble, and VoicesIowa....Where's Gesualdo? will be singing our world Debut!!!!
      (watch out sweeps...we comin...oh yes...)

      Yours truly, the director, singing a song or two about love, at the piano.

      On Rhythm Section, we have the famous Nash Brothers, Adam and Alex. and new to SOTA
      this year, a wonderfully talented bass player, Mike Parducci!

      We look forward to singing great music for you!!! Come on out!!!

      You can contact me if you need more info: 415-533-1872

      See you there!!!

      SOTA Vocal Jazz