Bass Singer For A Capella Group Wanted

  • Lane Ruoff
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2008
      We are a four-man doo-wop a capella group that has been appearing in
      the Bay Area for the last five years. We sing the 50s and 60s rock n'
      roll hits to enthusiastic crowds, and have quite a following.

      We are seeking a professional bass vocalist. Specifically, we are
      looking for someone who knows the era and who is able to capture it in
      both live and recording sessions. The canidate must be able to move
      well, have experience with studio and stage microphones, partake in
      the on-stage "patter", and have a sense for comic timing. We are open
      to all ages, but have a suggested range of late twenties to late forties.

      This group will give you a chance to work with three dedicated
      professionals. Then there comes the gratification from the cheering
      and applause from the audience. Finally, there is an opportuntiy to
      grow artistically through hard work and improvisation.

      If you are interested, send us a demo that exemplifies the 50s and
      60's doo-wop style. This should include a showcase of your lead vocal
      range. Tapes, CDs, MP3s are welcomed. Additionally, a brief statement
      of your performing experience would be most helpful. Lastly, bear in
      mind that we are not looking for a "barbershop" bass. We are seeking
      someone with strong rhythm and instinctual feeling... stuff that's not
      in the books. If selected to audition, we will invite you to audition
      privately. In the meantime we welcome any questions you may have.

      Please mail your demo to Todd Willis 1794 Casa Grande Street, Benicia
      CA 94510-2336. Please provide a self addressed return envelope or
      package with required postage, if you need your material returned. If
      you have a demo on line, please provide the URL.